#WanderlustWednesday: Orlando and Miami, Florida 2018
It’s yo girl, Angeline!
Between Kastania and I, I’m a little more EDM and she’s a little more hip-hop, but we both love indie alternative rock. Normally I’ll make videos of all the trips and festivals, but for this one you’ll have to settle on photos since I was trying to live a little more in the moment and captured very few pics and vids.
A couple weeks ago, I flew over to Florida (the farthest east I’ve ever been in my life!) to go to Disney World in Orlando and the 20th Anniversary of Ultra Music Festival in Miami. Disney World is pretty much a bigger version of most everything that we have here at Disneyland. My favorite ride was Tower of Terror because I miss it being Tower of Terror at Disneyland. My friends have told me that the Avengers ride that took over the Tower of Terror ride at Disneyland has way better drops so I guess we’ll have to take a trip to the most magical place on earth soon.
After our Disney filled days at the 4! parks, we drove down Thursday night to our AirBnB conveniently located in the Miami Design District, which felt like a completely gentrified bougie AF area with Gucci, Fendi, and a Blue Bottle coffee store. (All love for Blue Bottle <3)
I had no expectations for Ultra, but to have a good time. AND GOOD TIMES WERE HAD!
Here's the lineup of everyone I saw at Ultra:
- NGHTMRE + SLANDER present Gud Vibrations @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- Slushii @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- DJ Snake @ the Main Stage
- Rezz @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- Axwell ^ Ingrosso @ the Main Stage
- Virtual Self @ the Live Stage
- Manila Killa @ the UMF Radio stage aka ALL DAY Brownies and Lemonade stage
- Audien @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- San Holo @ the Live Stage
- Lost Kings @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- Benny Benassi @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- K?D @ the UMF Radio stage
- G-Eazy @ the Live Stage
- Marshmello @ the Main Stage
- Tchami x Malaa: No Redemption @ the Live Stage
- After party Brownies and Lemonade Ultra with 2¢ (Craze B2B Four Color Zack), Manila Killa B2B MYRNE, GTA B2B Valentino Khan, and Ekali B2B 4B B2B Wuki ft. GTA
- Ghastly @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- Kaskade @ the Main Stage
- David Guetta @ the Main Stage
- RL Grime @ the Ultra Worldwide stage
- ~Surprise Headliner~ SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA @ the Main Stage
NGHTMRE + SLANDER present Gud Vibrations was definitely one of my favorite performances mostly because I was headbanging during their set even though it messed me up the rest of the weekend.
Virtual Self was also another one of my favorite performances since Porter always has good shit and I had heard amazing things about his performance (as Virtual Self) at Holy Ship!
Saturday was my favorite day overall plus I wore my favorite outfit. (Please see above photo.) Shout out to Brett Blackman, Krista, Steven Truong, and Chris Gavino aka Manila Killa for letting me act a fool by saying hi and introducing myself while they were watching Audien from the grass/side stage. I died a little inside and 2011 Angeline was vvv happy when Benny Benassi played the Skrillex remix of his song “Cinema.” EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Brownies and Lemonade throw a party it’s ~GUARANTEED~ to be a good time.
I was so glad I could catch RL Grime’s set during Ultra since I had missed his SF show. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I also felt like the Swedish House Mafia reunion was a bit anticlimactic. It was really fun to sing-a-long to "Don't You Worry Child" and "Save the World", but I think since everyone was predicting that they were going to have a reunion and it actually happened it made it less exciting. Regardless, they had an amazing set and I'm lucky to have seen them.
Special thanks to my festie besties, Daniel and Ajla, for always letting me join them on their trips/festival adventures. (Ultra makes 5!) And thanks to the group we were with for the good times too: Theresa, Jim, Tasha, Tony, Aurea, Sean, and Eli.
After our trip, everyone in the group has been trying to convince me to go to EDC Vegas. I have never been to EDC, but last year’s lineup was the one that would’ve convinced me to go. We’ll see if I actually end up going to EDC this year…